Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Enjoying the process

I've already remarked about how much I enjoy conducting interviews. They offer me a unique learning experience that I've compared to a private one-on-one college class tailored specifically to me. I can ask anything and drill down on anything that interests me. I'm a curious person, so that is very satisfying.

I just spent an hour talking with the CEO of one of the country's largest fireworks companies for a couple of Fourth of July question and answer pieces requested by Y!CN. It occurred to me afterwards that the feeling I get after completeing an interview is very similar to, though at a somewhat lesser level than the rush I used to get just after finishing a kick-boxing match. Back in the day, I'd walk around with my feet several feet off the ground for days after a fight, while it was diminished if I didn't do well in the fight, it was still there. I actually get that same feeling after a good interview, although my feet may only be a few inches of the ground by comparison.

I feel good, fully energized, awake and... fully present, I guess.  At any rate, I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I really love my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment