Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wrapping it up with a conclusion

Generally, when I write up Q-and-A interviews for Yahoo!, I start with an introduction and then leap into the interview itself, letting that stand for itself. With my latest, however, I tried a different approach and included a conclusion section where I offered my interpretation of the main points of the interview. I think I'll use this format more often. To me, it seems to put a bow on it, as it were, or finish the article more elegantly from a stylistic perspective.  It also gives me a chance to either rebut, clarify or elaborate on anything the speaker may have said during the interview.

Here's the article, based upon an interview with Dr. Ronald Fischer of the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, which was originally titled: Study reveals keys to happiness (which I still like better than the one that Yahoo! substituted, although they did ask permission first, so I no have right to complain...) I am curious, though, which title do you think is better and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment